Anyone who sweats on a regular basis knows keeping your skin clean and blemish free is a constant struggle. Personally, I have struggled with blemished skin, scarring and skin sensitivity since I was 15 years old and learned I have an allergy to Benzoyl Peroxide.
My ethnicity is African American and Swedish amongst other things, which for the most part has worked out in my favor, BUT it has also caused my skin to be quite conflicted. The Swedish half of me attributes to my super sensitive skin and the African American half causes scars galore whenever I break out. Lucky for me that means I get to constantly play the fun game ‘how does Lauren keep her skin clear?’
In all other aspects of my life I am a huge believer in all-natural, holistic and homeopathic remedies for my ailments. But when I tried an all-natural skin care regime, for lack of better words, my skin HATED me. Ultimately, I had to return to stronger skincare formulas with a few all-natural products sprinkled throughout. Eventually, I hope to figure out the right all-natural routine for my skin but as of now I just can’t swing it.
Here is my daily routine:
- Dermalogica Active Moist
- Cold water, I only rinse my face in the AM I don’t wash it with soap. It helps remove any sweat but maintain the natural oils my face produces over night.
- Giorgio Armani Maestro Octinoxate Sunscreen Fusion Makeup in 7.5
- Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-6
- Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener in Peach 8
- RMS Beauty Living Luminizer (certified organic product)
- Makeup Forever High Definition Blush in 335 Fawn
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Ebony
- Dior Diorshow Mascara in New Look
- Burt‘s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil (natural product)
- Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist as a finishing spray (natural product)
Pre/Post Workout –
- Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser
- Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser
- Bodecare FSC Body Brush with Firm Bristles
- Eminence Clear Skin Willow Bark Booster-Serum
- Eminence Lime Stimulating Masque 2-3 times a week, this will make you very very red for about an hour
- Jergens Natural Glow +Firming Daily Moisturizer in Medium to Tan
- Le Labo eau de parfum in Patchouli 24
- Le Labo eau de parfum in Oud 27
- Tom Ford eau de parfum in Tuscan Leather
- Balenciaga eau de parfum in Rosabotanica
Wow, the army of products it takes to keep a woman going! There is a slight possibility I am a product addict.