Did you know the FDA doesn’t regulate your skin care and cosmetics as closely as you may think? Skincare and cosmetics cannot officially be FDA-Approved, though they are FDA-Regulated. Boiled down, the products you put on your face could contain just about anything.
With the recent events that have transpired in the United States, my stress and anxiety has been at an all time high. To help negate that, I began to look inward and make a conscious effort to be more compassionate with myself mentally, emotionally and physically. Meaning, more emphasis on what I eat, educating myself on the brands I support and where I spend my money, and added interest in the cosmetics and skincare I use on my face.
Coincidentally, as I started to dive into this new way of thinking and living, I was approached by the team at Tata Harper to become one of their brand affiliates. The timing was perfect and I couldn’t wait to jump on board and learn more! The amazing team at Tata Harper walked me through an ideal skin care routine for my combination to oily skin.
Not only am I hooked on their products, but I feel like I am doing more than just taking care of my skin. I am purchasing from a sustainable business that manufactures their products in Vermont, as well as making a stand against toxins in cosmetics and skincare. In my opinion the epitome of using my purchasing power responsibly.
Here is a rundown of my favorite Tata Harper products (products are listed in the order applied):
- Purifying Cleanser – My morning and night daily cleanser, smells delicious and keeps my skin feeling moisturized and clean. Pro-tip, massage into your skin while still dry then wash off with water. It turns into an oil as you rub it into your dry skin, then the water turns it into a slight foam as you wash it off.
- Regenerating Cleanser – A great exfoliant I use 2-3 times a week. Same as the purifying cleanser, apply it dry before rinsing off. This product is also great paired with the resurfacing mask in the Multi-Masking Collection. Apply it on top of the mask, wait 10-15 minutes, and as you rinse it off massage the exfoliant into your skin to removing any dead skin and congestion.
- Hydrating Floral Essence – The equivalent of a toner but better and smells like heaven. I spray it on my face before applying moisturizer for a refreshing kick.
- Boosted Contouring Eye Mask – A balm for your under eyes, great for reducing dark circles and puffiness. This is my favorite part of my nightly routine.
- Clarifying Moizturizer – A light weight, non-oily moisturizer that dries matte and keeps my skin hydrated all day.
- The Multi-Masking Collection – This collection comes with three masks, all of which I love! The Resurfacing Mask for a bright and hydrated complexion, the Purifying Mask deep cleans giving you that tingly feeling, and the Honey Blossom Resurfacing Mask for ultra hydrating.
- BONUS: Very Bronzing – While this isn’t skincare, it is one of the best bronzers I have ever used. The color is beautiful on my skin tone and it doesn’t feel like you have caked on makeup face.
- BONUS: Recovery Gel – Icy Hot but WAY better! I smells good, it is cooling and it is perfect for a deep muscle massage.
December 16, 17, and 18, Tata will be 15% off site-wide (excluding sets) and free 2-day shipping on orders over $100.