In my opinion the holidays are the best and worst time of year. I love giving gifts, family and friends are all around and everyone seems to be a bit more chipper. Theoretically it is the perfect time of year, that is until you those one or two last minute gifts slip through the cracks. Don’t worry it happens to the best of us, and I am here to help! This gift guide is filled with health and wellness conscious goodies you can find at your local Whole Foods.
For the Fitness Fanatic:
- S’well Water Bottle – These bottles keep your drink cold for up to 24 hours, warm for up to 12, reusing this bottle helps fight the growing number of plastic bottles taking over our landfills and S’well gives back to organizations such as Unicef, American Forests and Drink Up.
- Gaiam Yoga Accessories – While most people want to pick out their own yoga mat, giving the gift of yoga accessories is a perfect way to help elevate and encourage a friend or loved one.
- Herban Essentials Towelettes – Made in the USA of 100% essential oils. Perfect for a quick refresh post workout or on-the-go. My favorite scents are lavender and eucalyptus.
For the At Home Spa Technician:
- The Seaweed Bath Co. Whole Seaweed Detox Bath – The only ingredient in this bath is Bladderwrack seaweed harvested off of the coast of Maine. For those who love a nice soak in the tub, this is great. Be warned it has a slight smell of seaweed, well because it IS seaweed.
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay – This is a dry clay mask from Death Valley, CA. Add apple cider vinegar to achieve desired consistency, apply generously to your face, relax and let it work it’s magic. You’ll know it’s working because you’ll feel it pulse as it dries.
- Acure Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner – Vegan, sulfate free, paraben free and cruelty free haircare that works!
For the Makeup Guru:
- Gabriel Lipgloss in Venus – I am usually not a fan of gloss, but I love the sheer nude of this gloss. It’s both beautiful and feels delicious on your lips.
- Gabriel Lipliner in Chestnut or Nutmeg– A great pair with the lipgloss or worn alone for a matte finish. Chestnut is a browner nude, and nutmeg is a true nude.
- Well People Expressionist Mascara in Pro Black – Aside from being some of the safest mascara on the market, this formula achieves that dramatic voluminous look.
For the Aromatherapist:
- Whole Foods Ultra Sonic Essential Oil Diffuser and Essential Oils – There is an essential oil for every mood, and the perfect way to consume them is an essential oil diffuser.
- Paddywax Apothecary Amber and Smoke Candle – I am a candle freak, and this is one of my affordable favorites. It smells a bit like a forrest with a hint of bonfire and musk.
- Palto Santo – Have you ever tried smudging with dried sage? Palo Santo is the wood equivalent of dried sage, known for its healing and cleansing qualities. I love this in the winter for its cozy and uplifting scent.
For the Man in Your Life:
- Ursa Major Essential FACE WIPES – If the guys in your life can’t be bothered to wash their faces as much as they should, this is a perfect fool proof all natural alternative.
- J. R. Liggett’s Shampoo Bar – Again, what could be easier than a shampoo bar for that guy who just can’t. Added bonus, this product claims to stimulate hair growth.
- Beard Balm – Made in Detroit for all those bearded beaus. Oh, and of course it’s all natural!
*Photo Credits: Whole Foods, moscatoandmascara.wordpress.com, Gaiam, The Seaweed Bath Co., palosantowood.com, Beard Balm