I admittedly, am not a fan of breakfast food, but these vegan and gluten free pancakes are game changers. Prep time 20 minutes, serves 2 people.
3/4 cup of dairy free milk (any kind works)
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 flax egg (1 tablespoon of ground flax, mixed with 3 tablespoons of water left to sit for 1 minute)
2 tablespoons of melted vegan butter
1 cup of gluten free baking powder (my favorite brand is Pamela’s)
2 tablespoons of white sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl and mix to combine.
- Make flax egg and let sit for a minute.
- While the flax egg sits, combine wet ingredients in a larger bowl, add flax egg and mix to combine.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients while stirring.
- Heat a skillet or pan on medium heat, spray with cooking spray and portion out 6 pancakes about 1/4 cup of batter each.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown before flipping and doing the same on the other side.
- Butter with vegan butter, top with syrup and your choice of fruit or nut.
0 comments on “Fluffy Vegan and Gluten Free Pancakes”