The Pacific Northwest is one of the fastest growing areas in the country, and Portland is one of it’s hubs. I have slowly fallen in love with Portland over numerous trips to the City of Roses. One of my favorite things about the city and the Pacific Northwest is the focus on healthy lifestyles. This Healthy City Guide is the best of the best in Portland.
Where to Eat:
- Prasad – There are two Prasad’s in Portland, both are inside fitness studios. One is in Yoga Pearl, the other in Portland Rock Gym. Perfect locations for a sweat followed by delicious, health conscious meal. I LOVE the Dragon Bowl.
- Blossoming Lotus – A sit down restaurant with a fun atmosphere and good company, that’s really all I ever want! Blossoming Lotus has just that plus good drinks, seasonal specials, well known favorites and best of all it’s completely vegan! The Bibimbap is to die!
- Pok Pok PDX – Think of your favorite Thai restaurant or Thai delivery, now think of that same food on steroids. What you have in your mind is Pok Pok PDX. Pok Pok serves traditional Southeast Asian food that is drool worthy! This is the perfect place to go with a group when no one wants to decide on a restaurant, they have something for everyone.
- Kure – Whether its a cool, rainy, hot or lazy morning, this juice bar helps healthfully kickstart your metabolism and take on the day. Smoothies, grain bowls, juices, really anything you want they have!
What to Do:
- Biketown Bike Rental – Nike had the genius idea to place bright orange bikes all over Portland for public rental. They are easy to spot and a great way to take in the city sights. Each drop-off/pick-up includes an easy to read map, there is an interactive app and you can check out the website where you will find rental fees and ideal rides.
- Hike or run Forrest Park or Multnohma Falls – Forrest Park has over 80 miles of trails that overlook Northwest Portland. Multnohma Falls is a bit of a drive outside the city, but includes a stunning trail summiting at a waterfall. The Pacific Northwest is notorious for beautiful trail runs and breathtaking scenery. If you want to get your heart rate up while taking in the sights, I highly highly suggest trail runs and hikes.
- Yoga at Yoga Pearl – Remember when I told you about Prasad? This is the yoga studio that houses Prasad. Of course they offer yoga, but they also offer massage, ayurveda, acupuncture, reflexology, facials, energy healing and more.