Summer is the best time to get fit and have a little fun while doing it! The sun’s shinning, people are smiling, beach bodies are beaching, what more could you want? That’s why I put together this list of 10 fit and wellness events you don’t want to miss in June (aka. my birthday month)!
- #SweatworkingWeek – Join aSweatLife and some of Chicago’s most influential fitness personalities for a week of sweat and learning June 5-10th. Over the five days Kate Lemere, Jason Loebig & Bret Gornik, Emily Hutchins, Erica Robinson, Paul Rahn and Jeana Anderson Cohen & Maggie Umberger will host a lunch and learn and some pretty awesome workouts. Attend them all or pick your favorites, fitness classes are $5, lunch and learns are $10.
- Free Yoga at Horner Park Farmers Market – Every Saturday, McFetridge Yoga & Fitness Studio will host a free yoga class from 10:00-11:00am during the Horner Park Farmer’s Market. Classes begin June 3rd and last through September 2nd, they are free and welcome all experience levels. Don’t forget to bring your own mat and pick up farmer’s market goodies while you’re there!
- Om Tour Session Yoga – Head over to On Tour Brewing Company and take part in a 60-Minute Yoga Fusion class open to all levels. Classes will be held June 4th and June 25th at 10:00am, followed by a delicious glass of craft beer. Tickets are $19.
- Namaste Rosé Yoga + Wine Tasting – Every Saturday from 9:30-11:00am head over to Tapster in Wicker park for yoga and rosé! Tickets range from $10-36 and include 60-minutes of yoga plus a glass of rosé on tap (rosé can be subbed for any drink of equal value).
- Bender CHI Sunset Skyline Yoga – A rooftop yoga experience set to live DJ sets, what could be better?! There are two sessions in June both begin at 7:00pm. On June 6th, check out Wade Gotwals with DJ Justin Henderson, and on June 20th Alissa Jo, Rebecca Niziol + DJ RJ Pickens. Tickets range from $22-27.
- Runstreet + aSweatLife Chicago Art Run with Reebok – June 14th from 6:30-8:00pm, go on a nice 3-mile art run at a 10-minute mile pace, followed by optional bodyweight strength training exercises. All in celebration of Reebok’s new Bucktown location. The run costs $20. Note: there will be goodie bags!
- OmG Silent Yoga City View Tour – Each Tuesday of the month from 6:30-8:00am, step onto your yoga mat while taking in rooftop views. The 1st Tuesday of the month will be held at 360 Chicago in the Hancock building, the 2nd at Spirit of Chicago on Navy pier, the 3rd at Morgans on Fulton and the 4th at the Streeterville Social Lowes Hotel. Tickets are $40.
- Barry’s Bootcamp United We Sprint Challenge – Through the whole month of June take 7 Barry’s classes in 7 days, and Barry’s will donate a portion of the proceeds to the Family Equality Council. While the Challenge spans all Barry’s locations, my Chicago peeps can take class at Barry’s Lincoln Park or River North.
- Yoga at Begyle Brewing – Every Sunday at 11am, join a one hour vinyasa class capped off with a beer. All levels are welcome, classes will be taught by a different yogi each week. June 4th Kim Manning, June 11th Kathleen Carroll-Wray, June 18th Caitlin Kalosky and June 25th Jess Noble. Classes are $20.
- Trap Yoga – June 9-11th from 7:00-8:00pm, experience the newest craze Trap Yoga. A Vinyasa style yoga experience set to rap music and hypnotic rhythmic beats. If you are a none traditional yogi of all skill levels, this is the class for you! Tickets are $18-35 and classes will be held at Footwork Dance Studio.
Yoga seems to be the trending workout! I am sure there are plenty more events that aren’t on this list, so if you know of any leave a comment below. I hope to sweat and mingle with you all this month!