‘Tis the season and I couldn’t be happier! October is one of my favorite months, boots and sweaters come out to play, college football is in full swing, and curling up around a bowl of soup is the ultimate indulgence. Kicking off the deluge of soup recipes that are sure to come your way, this vegan potato leek soup is to die! I hope you enjoy!
2 Large leeks with dark green leafs removes, washed throughly and sliced
2 Stalks chopped celery
2 Pounds of your favorite potatoes cubed
Salt and pepper to taste
6 Cups of veggie broth
⅓ Cup nutritional yeast
- Add leeks and celery to a large pot with olive and sauté on medium heat until leeks are soft and translucent.
- Add potatoes, salt and pepper to cooked down leeks and celery.
- Finally, turn heat to high add 6 cups of veggie broth and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add nutritional yeast to pot and using a blender or immersion blender, blend together all ingredients until smooth.
- If you feel so inclined, top with fresh kale or your favorite hearty green.
I hope you enjoy! Comment below with your favorite vegan soup or a soup idea you’d like to learn to make vegan. I’d love to test recipes on your behalf to share here on Essence of Ellis!