Podcasts are the new talk radio and I’ve got a serious addiction! These 9 podcasts are must listens.
- Guys We F*****d – New York comedian’s Krystyna Hutchinson and Corinne Fisher have created a feminist focused podcast that covers everything from sex to politics to day-to-day struggles and triumphs of the average woman. Hilarious and informative, Corrine and Krystyna have dubbed this the ‘anti slut shamming podcast.’
- Lovett or Leave It – Game show/political commentary hosted by former speech writer for President Obama, John Lovett. Recorded in front of a live audience, the listener is walked through the weeks occurrences with a comedic flair and plenty of laughable moments.
- Mogul: The Life and Death of Chris Lighty – If you have any interest in late 90’s early 2000’s hip hop you MUST listen to Mogul. I personally had no idea Chris Lighty was such a prominent figure in the hip hop world. His rise to power and untimely death is narrated by hip hop podcaster Reggie Osse, and is throughly fascinating.
- Pod Save America – Sibling podcast to Lovett or Leave It, this is the first podcast under the Crooked Media umbrella. Started by 4 of President Obama’s white house aids, Jon Favreau, Dan Pfeiffer, Jon Lovett, and Tommy Vietor. The listener is walked through Trump’s latest antics via the lens of former White House aids.
- S-Town – In my opinion, the best podcast on this list. Somewhere between A Beautiful Mind and The Dukes of Hazard, I couldn’t tear myself away. I don’t want to spoil anything, but expect heartbreak, fascination, brilliance, mystery and anger all swirling around the world of John B McLemore.
- Serial Season 1 – The story of Adnan Syed, a teenage boy in Baltimore, Maryland who was convicted of murdering his high school girlfriend Hae Min Lee. Form your own opinions as narrator Sarah Koenig investigates this decades old murder. In my opinion, the best of the two Serial podcasts.
- Serial Season 2 – The most timely podcast on this list, Serial season 2 covers the story of Private First Class, Bowe Bergdahl. Bowe is currently on trail for walking off his base in Afghanistan, while I didn’t appreciate it as much as season 1 the timeliness is fascinating.
- This American Life – Storytelling at it’s finest. This American Life covers the gamut of topics with beautiful writing that will keep your attention from start to finish. This is the OG podcast.
- Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me – Dani turned me onto this Sunday morning NPR gameshow and I just love it! Cute, kitchy and always good for a laugh.
What are your favorite podcasts? I am forever on the hunt for my newest obsession.
2 comments on “9 Podcasts You Must Listen to Right Now”
Deray McKesson – Pod Save the People
Yes, love that one too but felt like 3 was too many podcasts from crooked media and picked my favorite 2 :/