My second recipe using Sun Potion’s Ashitaba is my absolute favorite way to start my morning. I am the slow to rise type, so any treat that allows me to curl around a warm mug and watch the sun rise (yes, unfortunately I am up before the sun most days), I’m in!
While Ashitaba, is high in vitamin B12, Chalcones and is great for skin and digestion, matcha is high in antioxidents, is a fat burner and boosts concentration and memory. Together this dynamic duo is the perfect morning treat while benefiting your body and your mind. I personally make my matcha the traditional ceremonial way, but you do whatever is easiest and best for you. Below I outline the traditional way of making matcha.
1 Tsp Sun Potion Ashitaba
1 Tsp Ceremonial Grade Matcha
1/3 Cup Homemade Nut milk
- Sift matcha powder and Ashitaba powder over a matcha bowl or any non-metal bowl through a fine sifter.
- Add 4-6 ounces of hot water to the bowl and whisk with a matcha whisk in ‘W’ shapes until a small froth forms.
- Add 4 more ounces and whisk once again.
- Steam milk with either a frother or espresso machine.
- Pour milk into mug and top with frothed matcha. Latte art optional!
0 comments on “Ashitaba Matcha Latte”